Connecting High Level to the Shopify API allows you to integrate High Level’s CRM and project management features into your Shopify store. This integration automates lead capture, client data syncing, and more between the two platforms.
In this guide, we’ll cover the key steps for connecting High Level to Shopify via the Shopify API:
- High Level offers a built-in Shopify integration that connects directly to the Shopify API
- The integration captures leads from your Shopify store directly into High Level CRM
- It syncs client and order data between High Level and Shopify automatically
- You’ll need to generate API credentials on your Shopify store to enable the connection
- The setup only takes a few minutes and requires no coding
Table of Contents
Why Connect High Level and Shopify?
Integrating High Level and Shopify provides some major benefits for your business:
- Lead capture – Leads from your Shopify store are automatically captured into High Level’s CRM. This ensures no leads fall through the cracks.
- Data sync – Client and order data is synced between the platforms. This eliminates manual data entry and keeps data consistent.
- Centralized data – All client and order data is available from one centralized CRM for easier reporting and segmentation.
- Project management – High Level’s project management tools give you oversight into ecommerce projects associated with Shopify orders.
Overall, connecting these two platforms results in more organized and productive ecommerce operations. You get the benefit of Shopify’s storefront coupled with High Level’s robust back office and CRM features.
How the High Level Shopify Integration Works
The High Level Shopify integration utilizes the Shopify API to connect the two platforms.
Here is an overview of how it works:
- A direct secure connection is established between High Level and your Shopify store via API.
- When a new lead comes in from your Shopify store, it is automatically captured into High Level CRM in real time.
- Client and order data from Shopify is regularly synced to High Level so data remains up to date in both systems.
- New ecommerce projects can be automatically created in High Level when a new Shopify order comes through for seamless order and project management.
- Metrics like order values, lead volume, and project throughput can be tracked over time within High Level.
The sync is ongoing to ensure changes in Shopify are always reflected in High Level CRM. No manual data entry or exports/imports are needed.
Generating Shopify API Credentials
To enable the integration, you first need to generate API credentials on your Shopify store. Here are the steps:
- Log into your Shopify store admin. Go to the Apps section.
- Click on Manage private apps. This is where you can generate and view API credentials.
- Click Create a new private app. Give your app a name and description.
- Check the boxes for Read orders, read customers, read products permissions. This allows syncing of key data.
- Click Save to generate the new private app.
- You’ll now see the API key, Password, and Shared secret that will be used to connect High Level. Keep this page open.
With the API credentials generated, you can now setup the integration in High Level.
Connecting High Level and Shopify
From within your High Level account:
- Go to the App Store section and search for the Shopify app. Click Install.
- On the app page, click Connect Shopify store.
- Enter your Shopify store URL.
- Paste in the API credentials from the Shopify app page you generated.
- Click Connect to complete the integration.
Once connected, leads and data will begin syncing automatically between the platforms. You can then access all Shopify data from within High Level CRM.
The connection process only takes a few minutes. And no coding or technical expertise is required.
Getting the Most from the Integration
To maximize the value of the High Level Shopify integration:
- Set up lead assignment rules to notify sales when new Shopify leads come in.
- Create order pipelines in High Level to track ecommerce projects and orders.
- Build customer profiles in High Level combining both store and CRM data.
- Use High Level segments and automation to target Shopify customers.
- Create Shopify-related tasks and appointments in High Level.
- Run reports on Shopify order history, lead volume, and other ecommerce metrics.
Properly utilizing the integrated data can optimize your ecommerce operations from lead to sale and beyond.
Connecting High Level and Shopify provides powerful CRM and order management capabilities for your ecommerce business. With just a few minutes of setup, you can unlock advanced integration features via the Shopify API.
The key takeaways in this guide include:
- Real-time lead capture and data syncing between the platforms
- Generating API credentials within Shopify
- Simple connection steps in the High Level Shopify app
- Maximizing the value of the integration for ecommerce operations
Integrating these two platforms lets you combine best-of-breed storefront and CRM tools. Creating this connection via Shopify API is a quick yet high-value process for any ecommerce merchant.
Automating Follow-Ups for Shopify Leads
One major benefit of syncing Shopify leads to High Level is you can automatically follow up on new leads via High Level automation tools.
For example, you can create automations like:
- Email sequences – Send a series of timed emails to nurture new leads.
- Webhooks – Notify your sales team via Slack or Teams when a new inquiry comes in.
- Text sequences – Send SMS follow-up messages at set intervals.
- Retargeting ads – Use pixels to hit leads with targeted ads after they leave your site.
Setting up lead follow-up automations ensures every new Shopify lead gets prompt attention for higher conversion.
Creating Shopify-Specific Pipelines
In High Level, you can build custom pipelines tailored specifically for Shopify orders and projects.
These Shopify pipelines can include stages for:
- Order received
- Order processing
- Delivery follow-ups
Having a predefined pipeline for Shopify orders lets you quickly turn inquiries into completed projects within High Level.
You can then analyze performance metrics for your Shopify pipeline – like sales cycle length, lead to order conversion rate, and projected vs. actual order values.
Syncing Shopify Customers to High Level
When you connect Shopify to High Level, existing customer data can also be synced over from Shopify.
This brings contacts from past Shopify orders into High Level CRM as well.
Within High Level, you can view profiles combining customer order history and activities from both systems.
Having unified profiles makes it easier to track lifetime value and build customer segments based on past purchase behavior and order data.
Abandoned Cart Automations
One challenge with ecommerce is getting customers to complete their purchases when they abandon carts.
The High Level and Shopify integration lets you create automations specifically for abandoned carts.
Cart abandonment triggers could include:
- No purchase 1 day after adding to cart
- No purchase 3 days after adding to cart
- No purchase 1 week after adding to cart
Automated follow-up for these triggers can include:
- Email reminders to complete the purchase
- Text coupons or discounts to incentivize checkout
- Retargeting ads on social media and Google Ads
Proactive abandoned cart messaging can increase order conversion rates by double digits in some cases.
Using Shopify Data for Customer Segmentation
Within High Level, you can access your Shopify data to segment contacts based on their purchase history and behaviors.
Segments you could create include:
- Repeat customers – Those who have purchased multiple times from your Shopify store. Send VIP offers and personalized messaging.
- Big spenders – Customers with higher than average order values or lifetime value scores. Upsell them on premium offerings.
- Shoppers of Product X – Those who have specifically purchased a target product. Cross-sell related products.
- Abandoned cart – Recent contacts who added to cart but did not complete an order. Win them back with discounts.
Targeting outreach based on Shopify segments helps personalize messaging and improve customer experience.
Setup Recurring Syncs and Reporting
Once initially connected, make sure High Level and Shopify remain synced on an ongoing basis.
You can setup:
- Recurring daily syncs – Automatically sync new orders, contacts, and products daily.
- Live order capture – New orders come into High Level in real time via webhooks.
- Reporting automations – Email weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports on Shopify metrics from High Level.
Keeping data in sync and setting reporting cadences will maximize the value of this integration for the long haul.
Connecting Shopify to High Level via the Shopify API provides a robust integration between your store and CRM.
Following best practices for automations, pipelines, segmentation, and reporting can help optimize your Shopify ecommerce operations within High Level.
The key is properly leveraging all Shopify data now available within your centralized High Level dashboard to boost customer experience and business performance.
Mr. Daily Tech is your go-to source for easy-to-follow tech guides and tips on making money online. Whether you’re looking to connect devices, explore online side hustles, or delve into the world of freelancing, this platform has you covered with clear, concise, and valuable information to help you succeed in the digital age.